It looks like you are visiting us from . Would you like to be taken to our UK website?
“We needed a full solution that came close to our original cost, with specific branding and product requirements, all with a quick turn-around time.” said Andrew Snook of StreamOn. “OnLogic was able to leverage their worldwide supply chain to keep shipping costs down and give us a fully branded product that met all our needs.”
Who is StreamOn?
Off-the-shelf streaming audio solutions
StreamOn has been offering a streaming audio solution to the broadcasting industry since 2006. The appliance enables radio stations and broadcasters worldwide to stream content and reach audiences both locally and across the globe.
Started by the OK Radio Group, StreamOn understands the specific challenges that radio broadcasters face. Today, with a state-of-the-art network, customized software and a skilled in-house technical team, StreamOn offers a business-critical, end-to-end solution that’s built “by broadcasters for broadcasters.”
StreamOn was using a commercial grade hardware product with custom software. Their challenge was twofold: The hardware they were using went EOL (End of Life) and, as their business grew, so did their need to upgrade to a more specialized embedded computer system. Moreover, since StreamOn had a fixed price for their customers, they had to keep costs—at the very least—in line. StreamOn, then, needed to upgrade to new systems that met all their needs while keeping as close to the original cost as possible.
- Cost Effective Solution—StreamOn needed to keep the cost of the new systems as close to the original cost as possible.
- Reliability—StreamOn engineers wanted a high uptime and a low failure rate.
- Ease of Use—StreamOn wanted a plug-and-play system which their customers could get working withinseconds and troubleshoot if necessary.
- Company Branding—StreamOn wanted to build their brand and marketplace recognition with on-system branding.
- Outsourced Fulfillment—Because StreamOn is based in Canada, they needed their products to be blind drop shipped to their customers with a quick and seamless turnaround time.
By starting with a customized off-the-shelf solution, OnLogic was able to offer StreamOn a full cost effective solution that met their business and technical needs from start to finish. Download the full case study for the details.