All systems built by OnLogic go through a rigorous quality inspection and testing process. This page provides an overview of that process.
OnLogic maintains a team of supplier quality engineers that work locally with our suppliers across the world. In addition to visiting the factories to conduct physical inspections, they monitor quality data and follow up with suppliers on any issues identified.
When a new product is added to our portfolio, it goes through a verification process. Compatibility, functionality, and regulatory certifications are verified.
Any changes made to existing components are reviewed by a cross functional team. If needed, the product introduction process is repeated to ensure a smooth transition to the new component revision. Components are stored in our climate controlled and ESD (electro-static discharge) safe warehouse prior to assembly. Strict ESD handling guidelines are in place.
Systems are assembled by a team of well trained technicians. Specific work instructions for each configuration are followed and regularly reviewed by engineering team members. During each step of assembly, critical inspection points are checked off.
Example inspection points:
- Fans installed correctly
- Auto power on is set
- Memory installed correctly
- No ports are blocked
- Shake test to find loose parts
Once assembled, systems go into our testing process where another set of inspections are conducted. Much of these are automated by our custom testing software.
Testing is specifically tailored to the components inside the system. Below is a list of common tests.
- BIOS Updated
- Addon USB ports tested
- Network ping test to internal server
- Network download test. 500mb random data downloaded from server. Checksum verified.
- SMART test performed on all storage drives
- Hardware IDs of all storage and PCI devices verified against order
- 1 hour CPU burn with 1 pass of memory test.
- CPU and disk temp monitored with fail threshold.
- Results reported to server over the network. Result verified against known good baseline to look for abnormalities.